Spring for Kids
Support ODC Youth and Teens
“ODC’s need-based scholarships allowed me, a kid without prior exposure or the means to access quality arts education and mentorship, to experience a whole new world. The teachers and the organization invested in me, and it made a big difference in my ability to step into a life with more opportunity than my parents had.” - K.K.
Why You Should Support the ODC School
Each year the ODC School awards up to $100,000 in need-based scholarships. The funds we raise through the Spring for Kids campaign allow ODC to remain a generous, inclusive and safe space for all children and teens.
We know the arts can change the trajectory of a child’s life. Not only does a dance education provide physical benefits, but dance imbues young minds with confidence, and promotes creative and critical thinking. ODC is grateful that our community recognizes the significant effect that the arts have on young lives, and so many of you share our belief that children from all backgrounds deserve to have access to the transformative power of dance.
In story after story, it is clear that ODC takes children seriously—cultivating confident, respectful, passionate, hard-working human beings who go on to found dance companies, make strides in science or business, contribute to scholarly discourse, and so much more – living from their values all around the world.
Ways To Participate
- Donate $30 (If everyone in the Dance Commons does this, we would reach our goal of $42,000 tomorrow)
- Purchase a “School Patron” ticket to Uncertain Weather or the Spring Informal Performance.
- Share a photo on Facebook or Instagram where you complete the phrase “Dance gives me . . .” Be sure to mention @ODCsf, and tag it as #SpringForKids and #DanceGives.
What Your Gift Provides Youth and Teens
- Experienced instructors teaching a diverse selection of classes including modern, ballet, global, and performance
- Full-year scholarships for recreational and pre-professional students
- Mentorship and training for Augusta Moore and Dudley Flores Achievement Awardees
- Support for ODC teen companies, the Dance Jam and the Hip Hop Dance Crew
- Outreach at schools and social service organizations by ODC Faculty and performances by the Dance Jam
Thank you for helping ODC maintain our comprehensive curriculum, offer a nurturing, multigenerational community, and provide opportunities for a diverse student population to discover themselves through dance.